Be Part of History
Solar de Lalém is a historic, aristocratic property that was a residence for captains of the King of Portugal in the 17th century. It is set in splendid scenery, between the typical green hills of São Miguel and the Atlantic coast, near the small village of Maia. In the fifteenth century, colonizers were attracted to the area because of the beautiful, fertile countryside. The oldest part of residence, the Chapel, is dedicated to São Sebastião. It was built in 1687 and has been preserved in its original condition.